Backend Developer – Ruby on Rails
Miejsce pracy: Poland (remote)
For our Partner – a start-up, new technology company located in London, we are looking for an experienced Backend Developer who is looking to take their career to the next stage.
5+ years professional Backend Development experience with Ruby on Rails.
• Active Admin
• Containerisation (Docker)
• Data migration and analysis
• Sidekiq job scheduling (or equivalent)
• RSpec and preparing Integration and end-to-end tests (or equivalent)
• System monitoring tools (such as New Relic/Airbrake)
• Degree in Software/Computer Science (or similar technical/engineering degree) or proven experience in development and design of backend applications.
• Full software development lifecycle experience from design phase through to production and maintenance.
• Good understanding of design patterns
• Excellent professional skills.
• Experience with Github SCM
Desirable skills/experience include:
• Machine Learning
The successful candidate will need the ability to contribute and take ownership on a variety of challenges associated with the backend development. They will be working closely with our small and passionate in-house product development team who focus in different areas including: product design, data science, bio-sensing, IoT and audio systems. The Backend Developer role involves taking features from conceptualisation and prototyping through to production and maintenance, it will ideally suit someone with broad production experience using Ruby on Rails/ Dockers/ PostgreSQL and Python. Ruby/Rails will be the most important area of experience for this role. We expect the candidate to be able to bring their expertise for designing for maintainability, reliability and scalability to the fore. The role suits a candidate who has excellent existing backend technology knowledge but also maintains a thirst for expanding their expertise, can concisely communicate their ideas to cross-functional team members and can balance their workload to effectively meet the needs of the business. We are considering remote workers for the role, so ability to do this effectively is important.
A bit about the backend: The backend manages all audio, bio-sensor and usage data, sensor data processing and (ML based) algorithms, personalised audio recommendation system and is used for ongoing data science and research purposes. Ruby on Rails is used for the main backend app.
Generous share option